India Beauty Trends to watch out for in 2021 – Nalini Kalra
Image used for illustrative purposes only
Not only does Nalini head the marketing function at Vanity Case, one of India’s leading third party manufacturer but also heads Christine Valmy school of aesthetics , besides marketing the CV range of professional skincare in India. We couldn’t have got a better person than her to decode the Beauty Trends, India will follow in 2021.
After a truly tumultuous year, it’s safe to say that we are all eager for a beauty do-over. Our beauty routine took a big hit. We were forced to become our own hairstylist, colourist or skincare expert. We learned about self-care and came out stronger.
We are all hopeful for 2021 where our beauty knowhow would be at an all-time high. Be it an exalted hygiene standard, engineered natural skincare, microbiome health, embracing natural hair or saying goodbye to heavy foundations or Maskne products
- 2021 will see more of digital connections via virtual consultations to video shopping.
- Skincare products would see more transparency in terms of ingredients with sustainable formulas and finding innovative ingredients to combat the harmful effects of blue light.
- Concepts of Clean beauty will continue to climb, cosmetic manufacturers would seek for more natural and environmentally-friendly and ethically sourced emulsifiers, ingredients and packing methods.
- Liquid lipsticks may do a big comeback as it stays the entire day behind the mask.
- Metallic eye shadow can make a way into the vanity boxes.
- Consumers may say NO to heavy foundations and opt for a lightweight one.
- Haircare brands would consider more of antibacterial formulas (hair sprays) that can eliminate bacteria or virus from scalp and hair.
- Consumers may not feel afraid to keep natural hair the way it is, without any blow dry or iron.
- Highlights and low lights would be trending as it is.
All in all- Consumers will prefer enhancing their own skin and hair!
Author : Nalini Kalra
Nalini Kalra is the General Manager – Vanity Case Group of companies and heads Christine Valmy (CV) international academy of Beauty -India’s leading Beauty School.
Subscribe to our free newsletter to read the latest news and articles before they are published.